What: Coaching Triathletes with Power Meters, Sprint and Olympic to Ironman
When: Thursday, May 10, 2012, 9 AM to 12 PM
Where: DoubleTree Hotel, Hotel Circle, (Balboa Room)
Why: 3 CEU's for USAT Coaches, and lots of learning!
Elite Coach Jim Vance will present how to coach triathletes with power meters, using the data to plan and assess training, for triathletes using a power meter, from Sprint and Olympic distance to Ironman.
Jim will compare and contrast the different power files of varying athletes, from elites, to top age-groupers, middle of the pack athletes, and those just trying to beat the midnight cut-off. Citing the differences between the demands of the different athlete levels, Jim will discuss the training strategies for coaches to consider.
- What is power?
- How to analyze a power file
- How to track improvement within athletes
- Examples of different race files, from varying abilities and distances
- Power differences for draft-legal vs. non-drafting events
- Understanding the differences in order to better plan training
- Quadrant Analysis
- Q & A
- And more…
You can register here:
Hope to see you there!